|You can keep your new finish in superb condition by following these suggestions
- Park in a garage or under a roof whenever possible.
- Avoid parking under trees, as sap and bird droppings may damage the finish. remove these substances as soon as possible by rinsing with water (use a mild soap if necessary).
- Wash the car frequently, preferably by hand. During the first 30 days, when the paint is especially fresh, clean the car with water rinse only. In fact, water alone will usually thoroughly clean your new DuPont finish. For heavy soil, use a mild liquid soap (not detergent).
- Do not wash you car in the hot sun.
- Do not wipe your car with a dry cloth. Always use water.
- Avoid automatic car washes where brushes are used. The stiffness of the brushes can scratch the finish.
- Do not allow gasoline or anti-freeze to stand on the surface. Remove by rinsing with water.
- Do not wax for the first 120 days after painting.
- Have any paint nicks or bruises touched up as soon as they occur, to protect against stains.
- Do not remove ice or snow from the painted surface with a scraper of any sort.